CRITIQUE Victories that were made through spectacular shots… ANKIT JAIN
The top 5 goals of the season 2008-09, according to me are:
1) Andrei Arshavin’s arrival resonated at Anfield when he scored goals some of which left even Arsenal fans tongue-tied. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viBE27i6uUc.The deadly Russian’s sublime finish envisaged havoc among the defensive line of Liverpool that could have done a better job. Nonetheless it was a spectacle worth venturing. Some of my colleagues say it was a nice game of basketball…Hmmm. This was the draw that probably gave United the impetus to put up a winning series.
2) A spectacular goal by John Carew assisted byPetrov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFX6dMomuio. At this point of the game Villa fans thought they were nearly there. But lack of professionalism saw Stoke city stage a dramatic comeback to draw level and cause an upset leaving Villa acquiring only a point from the game. A great goal and an even greater response from Stoke City.
3) A wonderful move orchestrated by Fabregas and Walcott’s timely run exposed United’s back four leaving Samir Nasri to drill past the helpless Dutchman. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlhLMxqZHW8. At times it’s in games like these that football is at it’s prime. This particular clash received accolades for the stupendous show of football it brought. The managers relished it and so did the fans.
4) This wonder strike by the 17year old reserve player supplemented United with three priceless points in their title ambitions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FloaenH7dQQ&feature=related. A gamble that witnessed another Steve Bruce in the making and guillotined almost every Liverpool fan who found themselves so close yet so far. Aston villa were at the bitter end of it also, putting Champions League beyond their reach. His name is Kiko Macheda.
5) Fernando Torres constantly proves why he is a dream striker. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypmpc1dUls4. This one needs no description, but keep an eye on the score ticker on the top left corner of the video. The time reads 4:25(1st half). A stunning finish.
Goals that almost made it were:
1) Amir Zaki’s bycycle kick against Liverpool
2) Geovani’s winner against Arsenal
3) Belletti’s goal vs Middlesborough
Ankit is a III year B.com student at Loyola college.
Popularity: 1% [?]